Studer mba i Portugal 2023
Grundlæggende månedlige leveomkostninger
Lej i fælles lejlighed420
Andel af forsyningsselskaber36
Eksempel på livsstilsomkostninger
Pint lokal øl2
Studer i Portugal
- Transit and short-term Schengen stay visa (type C) – for students who apply to a short study or language course that lasts a maximum of 3 months.
- Schengen National 'Long-stay' visa (type D) – for students who apply for an academic study degree.
- Portuguese residence permit for researchers - for non-EU nationals coming to Portugal to engage in post-doctoral research activities for longer than 3 months.
Hvilken type Visa har du brug for?
C type visa; D type visa; Portuguese residence permit for researchers
Pris og valuta
The Portuguese student visa processing fee is around 170 EUR. The fee may be subject to change.
Hvem kan ansøge om visum?
Students from EU/EEA countries do not need a visa to study in Portugal but should apply for a residence card on arrival (Autorização de Residência). This must happen within the first three months of arrival and can be done at the local council building.
Non-EU/EEA students wanting to study in Portugal will require a student visa and a residence permit. Visas must be obtained before traveling. Residence permits are applied for on arrival from the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service (SEF).
Residents of some non-EU countries will not require a visa for short stays of less than three months and can enter Portugal freely with only a valid passport. There are more than 30 countries for whom this applies including the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Hvor kan du lave ansøgningen?
Portuguese embassy or consulate
You will need to apply for a Portuguese study visa with the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country.
Hvordan laver man ansøgningen?
You can start the visa application process once you have received a university acceptance letter. The process is conducted at the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country - you will need to schedule a visa interview on their website, where you can also check the required documentation.
The documentation that you need for your visa application might entail the following:
- Your completed application form (downloaded from the website of your local Portuguese consulate)
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A passport that expires no sooner than three months after you return home
- A letter of acceptance from the educational institution that you plan to attend in Portugal
- Proof that you have the financial resources to support yourself during your stay
- Proof that you have purchased health insurance
- A purchased ticket to travel to Portugal
- Proof that you have made arrangements for accommodation once you arrive in Portugal
Some embassies/consulates may also request a criminal record certificate.
Hvornår skal du ansøge?
After submitting your Portuguese student visa application, the approval process can take anywhere between one and three months to process, depending on which country you are applying from.
The length of your student visa depends on the length of your study program. All international students will need to apply for a residence permit within three months of arriving in Portugal, which will then be valid for one year. After a year, residence permits can be renewed for up to five years.
EU/EEA students are allowed to work in Portugal without any restrictions or time limits.
Students from outside the EU/EEA can work up to 20 hours/week or full-time during vacations.
Timer om ugen
Hvorfor har du brug for denne type visum?
Your visa application may be rejected if you are not able to show proof of the required funds, or if you provide incorrect or incomplete documents.
- Erasmus Mundus
- NOVA School of Law
- School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon
- Católica Medical School
- Egas Moniz - Cooperativa de Ensino Superior
- University of Lisbon - Instituto Superior Técnico
- NOVA School of Science and Technology
- Erasmus Mundus European Master in Archeological Materials Science (ARCHMAT)
- University Of L'Aquila
- NOVA University Lisbon